House Masters 2017
Blue House: Mr Khaarthik and Ms Ang Lee Ching
Green House: Mr Hafiz and Ms Karen Ten
Red House: Mr Lim Joo Ghee and Ms Wendy Tan
Yellow House: Mr Hakim and Ms Radha
Date : 5 October 2017 (Thurs)
Venue : Yishun Stadium
Attire : Sports attire
Participants : Primary 1 to 6 pupils
Dress code : PE Attire (for pupils) with school or sports shoes
7.00 a.m. for pupils reporting taking the bus from school. They are to report to the hall for attendance taking.
7.45 a.m. for pupils reporting directly to stadium
What to Bring
- Bring their Student (Bus) Card for attendance taking.
- Bring poncho / rain coat in case of wet weather. Umbrellas are not encouraged.
- Bring Water bottle (Compulsory)
- Bring sunblock lotion, cap / hat to provide protection from the sun.
- Bring medication. E.g. Inhaler.
- No valuables are to be brought.
- Students are reminded to have proper breakfast in the morning before coming.
- No soccer boots/shoes with studs.
What will be provided:
Each student will be provided with 1 bun and 2 bananas.
Activities for Well'ympics 2017
- Challenge Stations
- Fringe Activities by ActiveSG (Agility ladder run, tennis and floorball using noodles)
- P6 4 x 100m Relay
- Parent & Child Race
- Teacher & Student Relay
- P3 to P6 Inter-House Competitive Games: Soccer, Captain's Ball, Floorball and Frisbee.
Wellington Annual Sports Meet for all P4 to P6 pupils – Well'ympics – has been organised since 2007 in conjunction with Singapore being the first host of the Youth Olympics Games in 2010. The event would start as early as 8am with the mass of teachers and pupils assembled in their brightly house-coloured contingents. The event is officially start after everyone faithfully recites the Athletes’ Pledge to honour and upholds the value of the Olympics.
The event is kicked off by the opening address by the Principal, Mr Gary Tsu. The Well'ympics torch will be lit and passed to athletes in a relay which will end in the in front of the spectator stands. Vice Principal Mdm Kong will sound the air horn to declare the games open.
Once Well'ympics is officially open, the whole school will be bustling with pupils eager to contribute towards their respective house through the various challenge stations.
Four competitive games are also organised in the spirit of competition among the 4 houses such as Frisbee, Soccer, Captain's Ball, and Floorball. These games certainly do not pale in sporting actions. Pupils will play so gallantly to earn the honour of the Champion House and lay their hands on the coveted medals including Best Players for each game. Cheers and claps will fill the basketball courts where the fast and furious basketball and floorball matches take place. Piercing screams will emanate from our lower primary students during their relay games.
Students and parents will also sweat it out in the Parent Student Relay. Pupils sit up in excitement at the stands to watch the action unfold.